Thursday, September 2, 2010

Serenity...

Recently, I was asked this question by my cousin, who also loves the art of photography. He said-

"...Send me a link to some of your stuff too...mostly I've only seen wedding/portraiture from you but I'd like to see some street photography, architecture and nature shots."

And you know what? I had NOTHING to show him. At least nothing recent. Between being a wife & mom, running 2 businesses, and everything in between, I really hadn't taken time in YEARS to take up my camera and just shoot. Okay, so this was one of those 'aha' moments for me...along with a bazillion others this year. And what better place to experience serenity then a drive through the mountains? Armed with my SLR and journal, each image represents a recent moment & emotion in my life.

Thanks again Jeff...I took your comment to heart and remembered that my passion for life was what first inspired me to pick up a camera in the first place...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Told ya that taking that time for yourself would be a wonderous thing!! Love ya. Glad you had the opportunity to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just saw this now! You might have told me about it on Facebook but I can't recall...seems to me I'd have immediately checked it out...

    So you CAN photograph stuff other than cakes and rings! :p Very nice shots - I think my favourite is the row of mailboxes, followed closely by the 'gnarled stumps with sun-flare' and the shot at the bottom with the bee (I think I like the processing best on that one).

    Not sure if you saw it on my Flickr page, but I have a shot of an eerily-similar dam (your 8th shot).

    Get out there and shoot some more!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete